Due to the various ways essential oils are used, advertised, and unfortunately promoted, it is important for us to publicly inform our WHO community and those seeking information, how we feel essential oils may be used with integrity.
We at Wise House Oils believe that essential oils are natural, safe, effective, and due to the copious mentions in the Bible, worthy of more than a cursory glance. However, we can not speak for the safety of all essential oils, only for Young Living essential oils.
We believe that God left us plenty of evidence to support the usage of essential oils as tools of healing, but NEVER to be used in lieu of God or without prayer.
While we use a specific essential oil brand, Young Living, we do not worship Young Living. We serve, love, and honor a personal Savior, Jesus Christ. Young Living is not our church, our salvation, or the key to happiness. It is a company that produces high quality oils and is also passionate about the people who use their oils.
Through the Holy Spirit, God has impressed it upon our hearts to share an alternative to His people, so that they are using products that resemble His original design in nature rather than what man created synthetically in a laboratory. While we don’t discredit the advances of medicine and their sometimes helpful role in an individual’s life, it is our stance that we would first like to seek the Lord through prayer and Scripture, then use an essential oil that has been shown to target healing for that issue, rather than immediately call the doctor’s office and bypass God.
We do not feel that it is sinful or even “new age” to have essential oils in the home to use on ourselves or family members. While various books or articles may state to use an essential oil for purposes contrary to scripture, we do not advocate or promote this usage. The oil is, after all, only a part of a plant. It is always appropriate to use common sense. If a Young Living product has a questionable description, simply avoid using it. You practice this same discernment when you choose a movie, peruse the bookstore, or even stand in line at the grocery store.
Scripture does not command us to use essential oils nor does it forbid the usage of essential oils.
Proverbs 21:20a states that, “Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man’s dwelling. . .”
- We believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth. There is only one true God.
- We believe in and trust in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, our Lord. Jesus is God, the living Word.
- Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life and voluntarily chose to die on the cross for our sins. Those that accept what Jesus did that day, receive eternal salvation.
- Jesus Christ suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried.
- He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again from the dead. He presented himself to many.
- He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. He is the ONLY mediator between us and God.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit that God sent to earth. The Holy Spirit came to reveal Christ and to bring others to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Mankind sinned. Because of disobedience we are separated from God, without Christ. We believe that through Jesus and His work on the cross, that we receive forgiveness of sins. There is NOTHING you can do to earn salvation. Eternal life is given by grace through what Jesus did, not us.
- Because Jesus returned from hell, we believe in the resurrection of the body. Until Jesus returns, we are to live a life for Jesus Christ — spreading the good news of salvation to all the ends of the earth.
- Christ is the head of the church. Through scripture we are encouraged to gather together to study the scriptures and fellowship.
- Jesus Christ is returning. And until then, we are called to follow Him.
We feel it is important for you to know where we stand. Our authority is Jesus Christ. Each of us has been given different gifts and ministries to edify the body of Christ. Our ministry is to reach out to ALL of God’s people and show them how to use essential oils in a God-honoring way. We feel that for far too long the enemy has kept essential oils out of the hands of the masses. And with the Lord’s help, we are committed to standing up for the Gospel and sharing how essential oils are to be used today and were used even in Biblical times.
Think about it. Jesus was given three gifts. Two of them were essential oils in the form of resins.
And that is only just the beginning of the multitude of scriptures found in the Bible regarding the usage of essential oils.
Our Caution To You
Before you use essential oils, please do your research. You will find a lot of differing opinions.
People will tell you to use them topically. And people will warn you to never ingest them. Discern why . . . and discover what essential oil brand they use.
People will tell you that using essential oils will put a boost into your spirituality. While you may experience more clarity, know that the science behind this is that essential oils carry oxygen to your brain. The essential oil cannot act as the Holy Spirit.
Know that essential oils can support your emotions, much like chocolate, but without the chemicals or calories. It is important to understand that many products on the market begin as a plant as the base, but you can’t patent a plant or nature. Thus, companies add other chemicals to create a product that can be patented. Unfortunately a patent doesn’t ensure safety. So when you use the essential oil, you are absorbing the plant and not the fillers, pesticides, or harmful substances. Essential oils are not magic, but God’s science, that when studied, makes a lot of sense. Additionally, essential oils smell. Our stronger memories are often stored with a smell in the limbic region of our brain.
When you read product literature or any book for that matter from a company, even Young Living, you must use discernment. Does this warning mean you can’t use essential oils or a certain product? No. But the manner in which you use the essential oil should change. You use it for God’s glory. The oils do not necessarily mean you will be healed but you will be supported. The outcome is dependent on the Lord. He makes all things work for His good.
Regarding that Energy Talk
There is a lot of talk surrounding the idea of energy in oils. The simple fact is yes, energy can be measured in essential oils. But then again, we are just stating Einstein’s theory .
In a Nutshell
We have done our research, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do your research. Some simple recommendations —
- seek reputable websites in your search for information, avoiding emotionally laced arguments for one company or another — simply googling an issue isn’t always safe and wise
- never purchase essential oils if you are in debt — honor the Lord with your money and be a good steward
- before you become a Young Living member, seek the Lord for permission
- discuss using oils in your household with your spouse — the oils have a strong, earthy odor. You want everyone on board or at least willing to be open to using essential oils after prayer. And as always, remember there are times where you will need to go see a doctor or medical professional.
- if you are ever pressured to becoming a Young Living member, walk away.
Now you know what we believe about essential oils. You need to discover what you believe about essential oils.
Our prayer, is that you honestly become curious enough to try essential oils and oil-infused products out.
If this resonates with you, I would love for you to join our oil-infused community.